Welcome to The Joint – Houston, Woodlake Square! As your local chiropractor in Houston, TX, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Houston chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Zuniga
At a young age, Dr. James Zuniga displayed many of the fine qualities that encompass his character such as passion, love, dedication, hard work, and perseverance. Having grown up in a family of professionals, his dad a medical doctor and his mom a psychologist, Dr. Zuniga knew that one of the most humble service professions he could strive to serve in was in health care. Always striving to reach new levels of success, Dr. Zuniga graduated near the top of his class at every level of his education. As an alumnus of Klein Forest High School in Houston, Texas, Dr. Zuniga attended Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, where he obtained his B.S. in Biology and Chemistry. Thereafter, Dr. Zuniga further expanded his education by obtaining his Doctorate at Texas Chiropractic College (TCC) in Pasadena, Texas. Dr. Zuniga has served his community through various programs he was selected for at TCC such as: El Centro de Corazon Eastwood Clinic, Rice Athletic Department, UH-Clear Lake Health Clinic, and The Bridge Over troubled waters battered women shelter. Dr. Zuniga has prior experience in serving his community as a former firefighter. Now at The Joint Woodlake, Dr. Zuniga continues his community involvement through humble servitude always looking to go the extra step for his patients also serving them as a fluent Spanish speaker. During his leisure time, Dr. Zuniga enjoys running marathons, playing the saxophone and drums, sky diving, kayaking, fishing, and staying active with his family. “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” –Michelangelo
Dr. Walter Cook
A Houston area native and devoted father, Doctor Walter Cook D.C. is a proud Texan and feels privileged to serve as your chiropractor of choice. Doctor Cook was introduced to chiropractic by a fellow church member in a quite casual way, as this soon to be chiropractic peer felt Walter had all the attributes necessary to help those in need of chiropractic care.
After touring several chiropractic offices and seeing the holistic, non-invasive methods in leveraging the body’s natural abilities to heal, recover, and remain optimally functional, Doctor Cook shared the belief of his friend and chose to pursue a career in chiropractic. He then went on to attain his required sciences degree and eventually graduate from Texas Chiropractic College in December of 1986.
His successes and abilities caught special attention during this time as he was selected to partake in additional training and education through the motion palpation institute where he acquired more advanced techniques in spinal and extremity manipulation in order to be proficient in his chosen profession. Call and schedule an appointment to see Doctor Cook at either the Woodlake Square or Memorial at Kirkwood clinic today.
9650 Westheimer Road, Unit 300
Houston, TX 77063
The best way to contact us is via phone (see above), then email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive up to 4 visits per month
Best choice and lowest cost per visit for patients who visit more than 2 times / month. Typically best aligned with Doctor’s Treatment Plan. Month-to-month agreement required.
Additional visits only $10
- Cost per visit as low as $18
55% savings vs. single visit rate
- Youth (Under 18)
Additional visits only $10
- Cost per visit as low as $10
75% savings vs. single visit rate
Fixed number of visits.
Unable to commit to regular visits? Packages offer flexibility for patients who expect to visit 2 times or less / month.
- 20 Visits
- $22 cost per visit
45% savings vs. single visit rate
- 10 Visits
- $27 cost per visit
31% savings vs. single visit rate
- 6 Visits
- $32 cost per visit
19% savings vs. single visit rate
- Our single visit is an affordable and flexible option.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Houston chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- April 5, 2016Tonya V.Regular chiropractic adjustments are important, but what you do between adjustments is important too. One of the best things you can do to help your flexibility, range of motion and to relieve muscle tension at home is to use a foam roller. Here is all you need to know to jump on the foam rolling ...
- October 26, 2015SpencerThey are at the gym all the time, those guys with their enormous chests and arms. You probably heard them before you saw them, with all the grunting and shouting that goes on. Something you may also have noticed from time to time are the ones with the upper body that could lift a mountain, ...
- October 16, 2015SpencerAbs, abdominals, six-pack, and washboard stomach! Any way you choose to speak about it, we all want them. As much as big arms or ripped legs can be shown off, there is nothing that screams fit body quite like a nice set of abs. Now wishing for a nice set of abdominals is about the ...
- September 29, 2015SpencerTrying to build muscle can be easily accomplished for some, but for many it can be a very frustrating endeavor. Anybody can get into good shape, but how we develop our muscles is unique to us all. Genetics plays a major role in determining which muscles develop the biggest and the fastest. My legs have ...
- September 16, 2015SpencerSleep is one of the most important activities we do each day. Physically it heals our bodies and it is a reset button to us mentally. For most people that moment when they crawl into bed at night is one of happiness because finally they get to sleep after a long day. For ...
- September 1, 2015AshleyEIt seems like the more technology grows and the faster we are connected to each other, the easier our lives are supposed to become. However, it seems like these modern marvels are causing the stress to pile up in our minds more than ever, eventually weighing us down to the point of feeling like we ...
- August 17, 2015AshleyEIn the United States, we face a grave future in terms of the prospects of medical care and the use of pharmaceuticals to manage certain conditions. Pain management is usually enacted with the use of pharmaceuticals, specifically a type of drug called opioids. These medications are closely related to opiates, such as heroin and other ...
- August 4, 2015AshleyEWe all know the significance of getting a decent night’s rest, as we know that while our bodies rest we revive. The truth however, is that numerous Americans don’t get sufficient rest; a recent survey discovered an extensive number of respondents got six hours or less of rest every night. A few individuals who experience ...
- July 27, 2015AshleyETired of going to the gym everyday only to see little to no result? It can be discouraging to put in effort and time at the gym only to be disappointed with the same guy in the mirror. Sometimes it is best to take a step back and evaluate your efforts. Here are five reasons ...